High quality, full colour clinical pictures used to illustrate each condition * Question and answer format based on illustrations makes this an excellent revision aid * Subject matter relevant for the undergraduate dental curriculum and first year postgraduate orthodontic study * Detailed section on removable appliances to help undergraduates confidently treat simple problems in this area
Orthodontics and paediatric dentistry are important areas of the undergraduate dental curriculum in which no pocket colour atlas currently exists. All dentists have to know how to treat children, how to carry out basic orthodontic treatment and when to refer patients for specialist orthodontic treatment. The vast majority of orthodontic work is carried out on children, so the two subjects are conveniently
integrated in this Colour Guide.
This practical resource addresses a range of clinical problems in orthodontics and pediatric dentistry and provides a step-by-step guide to differential diagnosis and treatment planning. Emphasizing clinical-problem solving, it helps readers combine different dental procedures into a rational plan of treatment for patients who may have a number of different dental problems that require attention.
- Focuses on clinical problem-solving in orthodontics and pediatric dentistry ― two closely-related topics that are usually separated into different texts.
- Offers practical help with treatment planning, guiding the reader through the process of decision-making.
- Provides two different approaches to coverage ― some topics include case scenarios with questions and answers; others include differential diagnosis with a focus on how to plan and manage treatment.
- Uses Evidence-Based boxes systematically to provide a rationale for treatment approaches.
- Includes colorful illustrations throughout to reinforce content.